Air Paints

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
PlaguemasterFlex
Officer
Name: Dave
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: CSM (Death Guard) + Daemons

Re: Air Paints

Postby PlaguemasterFlex » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 pm

You can get some from the Bunker but supply is a bit limited. You can buy them off Ebay as well if they don't have any you want in stock.
Telmus
Name: Alex P
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space Marines and Orks (40k)

Postby Telmus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm

If there is anything from the GW webstore that you want, the Bunker will order them for you. I actually ordered my primaris eliminators through the store. Also, they will get you free shipping to the store and a sweet discount if you're a club member. Most importantly, you'd be supporting the store and the community.
propheadprops
Name: Mike A
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: Deathwatch

Postby propheadprops » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:46 am

Fishwater wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Anyone know where to get Air paints from either Vallejo or Citadel?
Local GW doesn't carry them...stupid, I know.
Also, I will be back for games soon once my new ITC army is done (Eldar)!
I have used the Citadel air paints, and honestly there's not much difference between using them and using a base paint mixed with airbrush medium. You have to choose the right type of medium to avoid getting a glossy finish or such, but the air paints are really just diluted base paints, I believe (or at least they act just like that's what they are). Not to mention that getting the air paints into your airbrush from the citadel pots is a major pain due to the low viscosity. You have to use a pipette to not make a mess and then you end up wasting paint in the pipette.
RichHammer
Name: Rich Z.
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Dark Angels, Daemons, 30k TSons

Postby RichHammer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:05 am

The Bunker has ordered Vallejo Air paints for me in the past. They definitely stock Citadel Air paints on one of the shelves next to the rest of the Citadel paints.