Coming soon: A new Campaign

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Coming soon: A new Campaign

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Hey there folks, just wanted to make an announcement about an upcoming campaign I'm currently working on.

We'll be starting in February, in what's usually a couple of slower months just to liven things up. It'll be a campaign with a fixed length (4 weeks, then a large-scale event battle at the end) that anyone can drop in and drop out of, or even participate in without offically joining up with a side.

The various terrain collections we have at the bunker will become the various contested warzones of the planet, and each will have special rules that present unique challenges and advantages to the combatants. Capturing a warzone one week will allow you to allocate resources from the battle you won to fortifying the battlefield, and these emplacements will remain in place for you or your teammates to make use of the next week - or for the enemy to capture for themselves.

Players who haven't been participating in the campaign won't be facing an uphill battle if they want to join in for a day. Instead, they'll be given simple, easy to understand advantages that help their armies fight the battle - extra relics, extra warlord traits, even extra points worth of models. Players who've committed to fighting for a team will instead be able to purchase strategic advantages that help them achieve mission goals, like the ability to plant an extra false objective, or swap out the standard secondary objectives with new ones that can help unusual army lists score more points.

Lastly, you won't be forced into playing a particular style of game. Each warzone features both eternal war style and deck-building maelstrom of war style missions, and in addition to regular 40k games players can score points for Kill Team games they've played that week. You can even spend campaign points to include your Kill Team models as a special commando unit in your game of 40k if you participate in Kill Team games on thursday/friday.

If this is interesting to you, chime in below! I hope to get started sometime mid-February if I can get all the prep work finished by then.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Re: Coming soon: A new Campaign

Postby spruter » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 pm

I would love to join!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:38 pm

I am in! Now what I should play is another question :)
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

RuffledOrk
Name: David P
Armies: Chaos, Orks, Necrons

Postby RuffledOrk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 pm

This sounds awesome and I would love to participate!
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Armies: Blood Angels

Postby Indy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Interested
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom
Armies: Sons of Horus

Postby Darth Hoodie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 am

Non comitial campaign with mission variety, fun rules and rising stakes? Sign me up. Any excuse to roll dice is a good one!
"My sons, will you hear my oath of moment?"
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Postby Draaen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

I would enjoy being a part of this. February has a splattering of prior commitments on Sundays though so my attendance may be spotty.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Draaen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm
I would enjoy being a part of this. February has a splattering of prior commitments on Sundays though so my attendance may be spotty.
Missing a week during this campaign will not put you at a disadvantage with respect to other players. It does have the typical "spend points on campaign benefits" system that campaigns usually have, but unlike most campaigns those benefits are not permanent, and you spend only the victory points from your last game.

So if you missed say week 2 and 3 you would not come back to week 4 facing an army with 3 weeks of accumulated campaign benefits.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Armies: Blood Angels

Postby Indy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Would the games always be Sundays? Or would it be like some campaigns past where it was a “football week” where you and your opponent could play anytime between Thurs and Sunday?
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:34 pm
Would the games always be Sundays? Or would it be like some campaigns past where it was a “football week” where you and your opponent could play anytime between Thurs and Sunday?
The second one. Each week, players would declare they'd like to fight a battle in a particular warzone, and other players could either accept that challenge or declare a different warzone they'd like to fight over. Players then have that entire week to fight 1 non-kill team game and optionally up to two kill team games that count toward the victory point total.

in the next week, the total number of victory points the player scored from all their games is their point pool to purchase campaign benefits.
Game Preferences: