Help I've fallen and I cant get up.

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sons of Horus

Help I've fallen and I cant get up.

Postby Darth Hoodie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Hey everyone, I have done something drastic and ill-advised, I am going to do a full hobby restart. As of yesterday %80 of my Black Templar Collection has been sold to finance a new hobby endeavor I am downsizing the scope and scale of my "collection" to instead focus on a force that will allow me a greater deal of hobby flexibility and play two different game systems.

With the Templars gone I am starting up a Crusade force of Sons of Horus, it is my intent to build an army that is playable in both games of 30k and 8th Edition 40k as a CSM Black Legion army. The only caveat is that everything I purchase must be usable in both game systems. I am going to be building this army from the ground up as all new models and hope to document my progress here. I am aware that crunch wise I will not have the most competitively viable force on the tabletop but after reading more and more of the Heresy novels I have fallen in love with the setting, the lore and the characters. This is going to be a passion project that is going to test my skills as a hobbyist and hone my painting abilities.

The extent of my army to date.

Horus Lupercal "The Warmaster"
Ezekiel Abbadon
Gavriel Loken
Maloghurst the Twisted
Cataphracchi Sorcerer
Cataphracchi Praetor
Artificer Armor Praetor
Artificer Armor Chaplain

Company Standard Bearer
Terminator Primus Medicae

30 Tactical Marines
20 Havocs/Heavy Support Marines

10 Justerain Terminators
10 Cataphracchi Terminators Chainfist Storm Bolter
2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts w/Everything

2 Sicarans
2 Quad Launchers
1 Land Raider

3 Rhinos
1 Drop Pod
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: Help I've fallen and I cant get up.

Postby Sandtiger » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Seeing as you're doing this you should absolutely read Talon of Horus and Black Legion for your next two books. They tie directly into the faction of the Black Legion and its origins
Memento
Name: Anthony
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 am

Sandtiger wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:46 pm
Seeing as you're doing this you should absolutely read Talon of Horus and Black Legion for your next two books. They tie directly into the faction of the Black Legion and its origins
Second this recommendation, if you're looking to take your Sons into 41st millennium. As a former BTemplars player, Black Legion will give you complicated feelings...
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Amen to the complicated feelings about Black Legion, but as I have mentioned to you before in discussion about this book, Sigismund is an unforgettable presence in it and remains a complete badass even in his advanced age. I won't say anything more about it, but you will definitely enjoy both sides of the story in it.