Nearing 2000 points, need suggestions!

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
waddledom
Name: Dominic H
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space-marines

Nearing 2000 points, need suggestions!

Postby waddledom » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 pm

How's it going everyone? I just tallied up all the models in my collection currently (including the recently converted space wolves) and now have 1903 points!!

My army is almost entirely infantry in the form of troops (like 10 tactical squads and 1 intercessor squad) and some elites/heavy support (1 reiver squad and 1 devastator squad)

I also have 2 razor backs and a single rhino + a company master and 1 each of primaris and standard lieutenants.

So on to the actual question, what space marine set should I get that will get me as close to 2000 points without going over too much, and would help a dark angels player(such as myself)? Thanks!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: Nearing 2000 points, need suggestions!

Postby Connman234 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm

The beauty of Space Marines is that you can do whatever you want. You can get whatever you want to fill the rest of the points. There is also nothing wrong with getting additional models to play bigger games or take your army in different directions and fill holes with different units. Right now, there is a new codex about to drop for Space Marines and new units/rules may be available for Dark Angels. I would say wait for that and then see what you yourself want to build/paint.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Yeah honestly dude get whatever you want. Like, you don't have any named characters from what you named above so buying one of those is totally fine; buying a new vehicles for funsies would also fine whether that's a Land Raider of whatever variant or a flyer... Marines are so adaptable that you can get literally whatever you want and make it work
waddledom

Postby waddledom » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Connman234 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm
The beauty of Space Marines is that you can do whatever you want. You can get whatever you want to fill the rest of the points. There is also nothing wrong with getting additional models to play bigger games or take your army in different directions and fill holes with different units. Right now, there is a new codex about to drop for Space Marines and new units/rules may be available for Dark Angels. I would say wait for that and then see what you yourself want to build/paint.
Thanks, I actually can't wait for the September white dwarf(crossing fingers that we'll get the lion!)
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm

They are not going to drop Lion El'Jonson next month lol. Any Primarch, chaotic or loyal, that they bring out next is gonna be part of another big lore event like Guilliman, Magnus, and Mortarion had, an entire campaign devoted to it.
waddledom

Postby waddledom » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Sandtiger wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm
They are not going to drop Lion El'Jonson next month lol. Any Primarch, chaotic or loyal, that they bring out next is gonna be part of another big lore event like Guilliman, Magnus, and Mortarion had, an entire campaign devoted to it.
Aww, well a guy can dream can't He?