New Sisters of Battle

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

New Sisters of Battle

Postby spruter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:27 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/

Nice to finally see the variation of the new sisters in a squadron. They do look rather "monopose" but the sculpts are so good I don't really care that much!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: New Sisters of Battle

Postby Connman234 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm

They could be a part of the next "big box set" like Dark Imperium, so monopose there, but an eventual release of full customization. This is only speculation on my part.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: New Sisters of Battle

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Connman234 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm
They could be a part of the next "big box set" like Dark Imperium, so monopose there, but an eventual release of full customization. This is only speculation on my part.
Nah, unfortunately the trend for pretty much any kit produced after 2018 (You can tell when they were produced by looking at the year of the sprue, often kits wait several years before getting released to consumers) is to be extremely monoposed, usually with each torso having two specific arm combinations that work with it and then a minor bit of customization (Usually a head, banners etc). As an example, all my Namarti from the new fish elves in aos had two arm options per torso except for 2-3 which only had one, all my GSC aberrants were the same way with two possible builds per torso, and the ork buggies were totally monopose.

The older kit style of "Squared-off torso, flat arms all designed to fit all torsos" seems to have been abandoned in favor of Bespoke Miniatures TM.

Which really stinks, because if you want to have say an army with FLIPPITY FLIPTONS of flamers you're going to have to do some serious conversion work to make sure that two members of each of your squads aren't all posed with one foot on a very distinctive looking burning guy.

In general, I don't mind it. I built my Deathwatch terminators using the "Monopose" Space Hulk terminator set and they look aces. And if you have somewhat generic enough posing, it just looks like good variety rather than the previous "poseable" models that would all generally end up in the same poses anyway because, for example, all the legs were given to you in a very distinctive horse-riding/standing poop stance.

The problem comes from when you've got a very unique, obvious pose for a model you'll need to have loads of copies for, or when you've got a model you'll probably be taking in units that is 100% identical to every other one. That can get really headache-inducing, which is why I kind of facepalmed when I saw that flamer.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!