New Meat

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Vouloir
Name: Vou/Danielle
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sigmar: Nighthaunt

New Meat

Postby Vouloir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:54 am

Hey, I'm Danielle but I prefer to go by Vou ('voo').

I'm recently getting back into Warhammer after a long time of not playing. I'm starting now with Nighthaunts from Sigmar and have only just started to put things together. I've got a lot of relearning to do as the rules have long left me and are different anyway.

Pumped to meet new people and get back into this. Will most likely look into painting meetups first.

Happy to see an active community near me.
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Re: New Meat

Postby Memento » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 am

Welcome, Vou!

I'm Anthony, we met briefly at the Bunker yesterday.

We've currently got an open poll to see when the best day for a painting meet up might be. Here: https://www.grimdarkgaming.com/viewtopi ... =10&t=1343

Most of the players here are mono-40k'ers. But there's been some dabbling in GW-adjacent games like AoS, Warhammer: Underworlds, and 30k.

Personally, I've been a lot more excited by Sigmar lately. I've got a few Chaos armies and a Free Peoples army if you're interested in rolling some dice to get reacquainted with the game.
Vouloir
Name: Vou/Danielle
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sigmar: Nighthaunt

Postby Vouloir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Hey Anthony. I checked out that poll and submitted my vote.

I'm interested in getting into 40k again my issue is money. Perhaps after I've invested enough time in my current army I can look into saving for another. We'll see.

I'd be interested in any help I can get it better learning the rules, so that'd be wicked. I plan to try and stop by the bunker more now too. I'm sure I'll see you around again.