Sunday 3/17

Plan a game or visit for this upcoming Sunday.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Sunday 3/17

Postby MrScotty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:52 am

Hello all! I had a fantastic time playing with Cities of Death rules last week, so I'd like to try another small tweak on them this week! Any mission/points value would be fine with me, I'd want to try the following rules:
CoD modified

This ruleset adds the following special rules:

Hard Cover: Ruins, Baricades and Sector Mechanicus terrain are classified as Hard Cover, granting +2 to save rolls rather than the usual +1.

Height Advantage: A unit targeting an enemy model with a shooting attack when it has 3" or more height advantage on that enemy model ignores 1 level of cover (E.G. +1 from basic cover becomes +0, +2 from hard cover becomes +1)

Obscurement: When declaring a shooting attack, if all models in a target unit are at least partially obscured from the perspective of the firing model, subtract 1 from all hit rolls made for that attack. Ignore models in the firing unit and other models in the target unit when determining if a model is obscured. Vehicle and Monster models must be over 50% obscured to gain this benefit.

Lucky Hit: natural hit rolls of 6 always hit regardless of modifiers.

This ruleset also adds the following universal stratagems:

Fire in the Hole (1CP): use when declaring a shooting attack for one of your units. All weapons with the Grenade type or weapons which hit automatically will score the maximum possible number of shots if they target models in a ruin or sector mechanicus structure.

Expert Marksmen (1CP): Use when declaring a shooting attack for one of your units that can target characters regardless of whether they are the closest enemy model. Shots made by that attack ignore cover and re-roll failed wound rolls.

Breaching Gear (1CP): Use when declaring a charge against a unit in a Ruin or Sector Mechanicus structure. You may change one of the charge dice rolled to a 6.

Hold your Fire (1CP): Use when an enemy unit declares a charge against one of your units. That unit does not fire overwatch. If the charge succeeds, your unit may then fire overwatch treating the enemy unit as within half range of all weapons, in LOS, and not benefitting from any cover save modifiers.

Grappling Hooks (1CP): use in the movement phase. Select one of your units, until the end of that phase ignore vertical distance when moving that unit.

Basically I added autohit weapons to Fire in the Hole instead of just grenades, and trimmed out some of the stratagems that didn't seem like they'd ever be worth a CP. If there's a rule that peeves you about the current terrain system or a stratagem you wish was in the game, I'm willing to try pretty much anything out!
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: Sunday 3/17

Postby Connman234 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm

I will be at the bunker, but will not be playing a game. Working on prepping for the Talvir Campaign.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

frobank
Name: Nico H
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Tau

Postby frobank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

I've got 1350 pts. of T'au lookin for a fight. Haven't faced Tyranids or Orks or any other horde armies yet, would love to if anyone wants to bring one.
The Titanz0r
Name: Swerd
Armies: Imperial Guard, Black Templars

Postby The Titanz0r » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am

I've got my 1,500 point list of Mechanized Guard ready to roll through.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

frobank wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm
I've got 1350 pts. of T'au lookin for a fight. Haven't faced Tyranids or Orks or any other horde armies yet, would love to if anyone wants to bring one.
I don't have Tyranids, but my genestealer cult is pretty much a horde. Would you want to try playing against them?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, Space Marines, Daemons

Postby Draaen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 am

Looking for a 2k game with my tau
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
Fair warning my doofy daemons have 3rd party models, scratch builds, old warhammer models and I haven't moved all their bases over to the 40k ones yet! Happy to switch to either Tau or White Scars.
CarbonMagos
Name: Eric S
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard

Postby CarbonMagos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 am

I'm also looking for 2k with the newest version of my usual Imperials, but I just played Mark's T'au last week (though I'm fine with a rematch if you are).
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, Space Marines, Daemons

Postby Draaen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 pm

CarbonMagos wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 am
I'm also looking for 2k with the newest version of my usual Imperials, but I just played Mark's T'au last week (though I'm fine with a rematch if you are).
Sure lets do a rematch. I will bring the same list again.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
Fair warning my doofy daemons have 3rd party models, scratch builds, old warhammer models and I haven't moved all their bases over to the 40k ones yet! Happy to switch to either Tau or White Scars.
Shumabot
Name: Ethan w
Armies: Charcharadons/orks

Postby Shumabot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm

I'll be at the Bunker with my 1750 ork list if anyone is interested in a game.
bkface
Name: Ben Kelsey
Armies: Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons

Postby bkface » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am

Shumabot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm
I'll be at the Bunker with my 1750 ork list if anyone is interested in a game.
Hey Ethan, I'm down for a matchup at 1750. I'll bring my deathguard. See you at noon!