New-ish player

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
JudgeBredd
Name: Billy B
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Dark Eldar Kill Team, Sisters of Battle

New-ish player

Postby JudgeBredd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 am

Howdy,

I started collecting Sisters of Battle about a year ago. I went on a hiatus when work got busy over the summer and I am just returning to the hobby. I currently have about 1500 points of Sisters with various amounts of pigment on them. I also have a Dark Eldar kill team which I am very interested in trying out. I am also thinking of collecting some Dispossessed dorfs for AoS.

I am also very interested in lore, in both 40k and the old fantasy world. I would be very interested in trying some of the tabletop RPGs. I am inexperienced in all aforementioned and definitely need some learning games.

Pleased to be here,
Bill
Gaze into the fist of bread!
Terminator_X
Name: Alex
Armies: Imperial Guard

Re: New-ish player

Postby Terminator_X » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Hey Bill, welcome to the forums. If you haven't come by the bunker on a Sunday afternoon yet to meet everybody, you should. There's a 1500 point narrative event coming up in early Feb as well that would be a good opportunity to try your sisters against a variety of lists.

Don't be shy about asking for smaller point / teaching games too, its a very welcoming group.
JudgeBredd

Postby JudgeBredd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I will likely stop by tomorrow and take a look.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Welcome to the forums and the club. Feel free to drop by and check us out. I know I am doing some small games tomorrow, so feel free to observe. I will actually be using an army that isn't really seen at the club. So new sights for everyone!
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:27 pm

JudgeBredd wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 am
Howdy,

I started collecting Sisters of Battle about a year ago. I went on a hiatus when work got busy over the summer and I am just returning to the hobby. I currently have about 1500 points of Sisters with various amounts of pigment on them. I also have a Dark Eldar kill team which I am very interested in trying out. I am also thinking of collecting some Dispossessed dorfs for AoS.

I am also very interested in lore, in both 40k and the old fantasy world. I would be very interested in trying some of the tabletop RPGs. I am inexperienced in all aforementioned and definitely need some learning games.

Pleased to be here,
Bill
Welcome to the club!

I also wanted to say that this is hands-down the best username I've seen appear on the forums.
JudgeBredd

Postby JudgeBredd » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Aww thanks, much appreciated!