For the Emperor!

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
The cosmic serpent
Name: Keith
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Eldar (CWE, DE, H), GK, Crons, Tau, AL

Re: For the Emperor!

Postby The cosmic serpent » Mon May 22, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks for the feed back guys. I can definitely brighten up the silver trim and the green. I can hit the silver with some runefang steel, it currently is leadbelcher. I will look into my options for green, on there right now is kabalite. I can probably highlight using scorpion green to make it pop more what brand is moot green? What would be a good color to use on the blue for highlighting? The blue I used so far was based with Vallejo Magic Blue, washed the recesses with Drakenhof Nightshade, and then brushed on Alaitoc blue to dull down the blue and add a bit of grey to the blue. Sotek green would work blend wise but it's not very bright, Teclis blue maybe?
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: For the Emperor!

Postby MrScotty » Mon May 22, 2017 10:56 am

Moot Green is I believe a Citadel Layer Paint. I recommend it because it's probably the best mix I've seen so far of what GW wants to achieve with the layer paints: It's incredibly bright, but it blends really really well with the paint underneath and makes for super smooth highlight transitions pretty much out of the pot (with some thinning when it starts to dry out)

Teclis Blue I've used for my Tsons, if you want to see how that looks final product you can check those out on my more recent posts on my paint blog post.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!