LVO news

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

LVO news

Postby Sandtiger » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:11 am

spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Re: LVO news

Postby spruter » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:32 am

I love the idea of more mobile units for skitarii. They're so good at being a stationary castle, it would be nice to build a list utilizing their sleeker models. Maybe even making the other subfactions more viable so it's not a competition of "subfaction with the best shooty castle wins". That being said I don't know a ton about skitarii outside of people's competitive lists so feel free to correct me if that''s not the case.
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Name: Tom
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: Sons of Horus

Postby Darth Hoodie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:32 pm

THATS IT GAMES WORKSHOP YOU DID IT.

Admech is happening this year. CSM are about 70% complete. Admech is the next project.
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:28 pm

I didnt know I needed gunslinging robot knights riding very good flamethrower faced metal dogs but I do need those very much.

Those bat guys look neat bit i feel like by looking at that glossy jpeg of them I accidentally broke 3 of them at the GW factory.

Fwiw admech does have mobile options. It just feels like the guns they have and the melee weapons they have are designed by two different guys.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Postby Draaen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:12 pm

I like the Zoat a lot pretty cool model from a time gone by. I always kind of wanted one.

The high elves have a whole new aesthetic on their armor. Not sure how much I like it. I do dig the hollow armor character though. Teclis is interesting posed by flying over top his flying ginormous human masked dog. Also they have both joined team giant horn. Not sure about that one I think I'd have to see him in person.

Mechano horses were a meh for me until I saw that one variant has a flamer mouth which makes them look like giant dogs! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for conversion opportunities with those guys. The flyers remind me a lot of the birdmen of catrazza. Those wings would allow a lot of freehand potential. I could see people using those as conversion bits.

Glad to see forge world getting an update. They are a more common part of the hobby now and should be getting revisions every so often.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
RuffledOrk
Name: David P
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Chaos, Orks, Necrons

Postby RuffledOrk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Not even a day ago I was thinking about how much I want a unit that has a sort of cowboy aesthetic and those riders are exactly what I was thinking of. Especially the ones with the dual big irons, and the long rifle!
Wazzgit
Name: Eric Carlson
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Orks

Postby Wazzgit » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Damn your hide GW!!!! How dare you produce batshit insane mecha dog cav and steampunk bird people! And then top it off with Ghaz!!!! my poor,poor wallet
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Wazzgit wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 pm
Damn your hide GW!!!! How dare you produce batshit insane mecha dog cav and steampunk bird people! And then top it off with Ghaz!!!! my poor,poor wallet
You mean the alternate mecha suit upgrade they teased for mabari?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Name: Tom
Armies: Sons of Horus

Postby Darth Hoodie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Ad mech already have the classical Greco/Roman vibe but so help me god. The image I have in my mind to make an army built up mirroring a Pre Marian Reform Roman Manipular Legion GAHHHH ITS LIT

Velites- Secutarii Peltasts "Light Skirmishers harass and disrupt"
Hastati- Skitarii Vanguard "Front line troops. Take the fight to the enemy take ground and engage the initial elements of the enemy force.
Principes- Skitarii Rangers "Middle Line troops. Hold ground, engage tougher elements of the enemy force."
Triarii- Secutarii Hoplites "Veteran troops commit them to where the fighting is fiercest and the "harder" elements of the enemies line.
Equites- The new Serberys Sulphurhounds FUCK YES Mechanical Horsemen!

Arrange some vehicles as "siege equipment" and its perfect.

Slide this project in for Summer 2020. CANT WAIT!
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"