Horus Heresy! (Warhammer 30K)

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Name: Tom
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sons of Horus

Horus Heresy! (Warhammer 30K)

Postby Darth Hoodie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 am

Alright gentlemen here it is. I know this question makes the rounds every few months but with the influx of new faces at the club I think its high time to bring it back up, a small contingent of us have fledgling 30k forces. At the moment I believe we have, Sons of Horus, Blood Angels, Iron Warriors, and Night Lords. I am curious who else would be interested in getting in some games of "Historical Science Fiction Wargaming?"

For those of you unawares 30K takes place during the Horus Heresy and uses a variation of the 7th Edition Ruleset to pit the various Space Marine Legions against one another as well as elements of the Solar Auxillia (Guard), Mechanicum (Adeptus Mechanicus) Deamons of the Ruinstorm (Chaos Deamons) and Talons of the Emperor (Custodes and Sisters of Silence) There are also several "Unofficial/Homebrew" Xenos "Codexes" for Orks, Eldar, and Necrons.

I know the small group of us who have been building up armies have been toying with the idea of playing a few smaller Zone Mortalis games using the "Centurion" Ruleset which places restrictions on what you can include in an army. I am just curious if anyone else has any fleeting interest in getting in occasional games of of Horus Heresy at the club on an occasional Sunday?

Scott! I know you have your Mechanicum but I think you have made it painfully clear. "I don't want to ever play with 7th edition rules and FW rules balance ever again."
Spencer! I hear rumors of outflanking Land Raiders and other assorted nonsense? Two can play at that game!
Anthony! Long have you been lost to the warp, but last I heard your Ultramarines could be played in both systems, who knows maybe this will bring you back into the fold?

Anyone else out there waiting to surprise me with some of that sweet sweet Horus Heresy Primarch Mega Battle action?
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"