Army Draft Rules

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
User avatar
Connman234
Officer
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:41 pm
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids
Location: Wakefield, MA

Army Draft Rules

Postby Connman234 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-4/

This article previews a very interesting mode; The Army Draft. I am curious on what people think and/or, if they would be interested in dong this for an event. If there is interest enough, we can maybe try to organize a day for it. Thoughts?
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Image
User avatar
spruter
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Re: Army Draft Rules

Postby spruter » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:20 pm

That sounds incredibly fun! I'm down for a day with that.
User avatar
Sandtiger
Member
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:38 am
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: Army Draft Rules

Postby Sandtiger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm

No interest in the Army Draft. HOWEVER!! I am VERY VERY interested in Juggernaut. I know this would be wearying on everyone to do all in one day so maybe we set up multiple days for this king of the hill style?
User avatar
Eisenfresser
Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Name: Steven Hirsch
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: IG Tanks

Re: Army Draft Rules

Postby Eisenfresser » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Sandtiger wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
No interest in the Army Draft. HOWEVER!! I am VERY VERY interested in Juggernaut. I know this would be wearying on everyone to do all in one day so maybe we set up multiple days for this king of the hill style?
The Juggernaut write-up gave me a different idea. Bid points. The "unbeatable" player(s) bid on how few points they could field to take on a regular players army.
Game preferences:
+1 to going first roll if you finish deploying first
All terrain is "statuary"
No First Blood - it's basically a bonus VP for going first
Current Beta rules

Army
4,500 points of Imperial Guard
2,800 of tanks alone
User avatar
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:45 pm
Name: Tom
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sons of Horus
Location: North Shore

Re: Army Draft Rules

Postby Darth Hoodie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Eisenfresser wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm
Sandtiger wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
No interest in the Army Draft. HOWEVER!! I am VERY VERY interested in Juggernaut. I know this would be wearying on everyone to do all in one day so maybe we set up multiple days for this king of the hill style?
The Juggernaut write-up gave me a different idea. Bid points. The "unbeatable" player(s) bid on how few points they could field to take on a regular players army.
That's actually a pretty cool idea. If I were still running my Templars with the new Dex I would wager my 2k list against just about any other 2.5 list at the bunker.
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"
User avatar
Kman2190
Member
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 am
Name: Kenji
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves
Location: Cambridge

Re: Army Draft Rules

Postby Kman2190 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Darth Hoodie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:47 pm
Eisenfresser wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm
Sandtiger wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
No interest in the Army Draft. HOWEVER!! I am VERY VERY interested in Juggernaut. I know this would be wearying on everyone to do all in one day so maybe we set up multiple days for this king of the hill style?
The Juggernaut write-up gave me a different idea. Bid points. The "unbeatable" player(s) bid on how few points they could field to take on a regular players army.
That's actually a pretty cool idea. If I were still running my Templars with the new Dex I would wager my 2k list against just about any other 2.5 list at the bunker.
I'll make the same bet with my wolves, I'd happily participate in a Juggernaut event. I don't know how to feel about Army Draft unfortunately, it doesn't grab my attention now but maybe with more info I'll change my mind
FOR THE ALLFATHER