Grimdark Secret Santa 2019!

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Grimdark Secret Santa 2019!

Postby MrScotty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:36 am

In what's become a bit of a tradition the last few years, we are doing our secret Santa event again this year. We share this dweeby hobby together, but often we don't want to risk having our family know how much these miniatures cost get us something we don't need, so this is an event designed to let us have a fun time working 40k into Christmas and entrust it to people who know what kinds of things to get us. Here's how it works:

-we will have a couple weeks to sign up then you will be given a person to get a gift for via pm. The minimum is 25$-30$, you're perfectly free to spend more but understand you will be likely to receive a less valuable gift than you give. I say a range because some of the more recent miniature lines have more expensive character boxes, so it is OK to get someone a kit that is cheaper if they say they want Eldar or Guard or something where most of their characters are still cheaper.

-comment on this thread if you want to participate. Post your name, the factions you would like to get a gift from, and any miniatures you have already and don't want, mostly focusing on clampack characters.

-also comment on whether you would be interested in painting a gift for someone, and whether you'd be willing to receive something painted or if you prefer new in box/new on sprue.

-in early December after a couple weeks of sign ups I will PM everyone the person they'll be getting gifts for, and a week after the Christmas holiday we will do the exchange. Tentatively that's January 5th, unless a bunch of people want to participate but can't be there that day.

-if you do fall into that category and we don't change the date, you can still sign up. Just make sure that you'd gift is either in one of the locked storage cabinets that are the clubs, or held behind the front desk and make sure it's labeled with who it's intended to go to. We will keep your gift in the cabinet until we can get it to you.

-A final note, all of this is through the honor system but if you do sign up and get a gift for somebody, the club will make sure you get a present if your secret Santa totally flakes out. We've done this three years and that's never happened, but rest assured you won't get ripped off.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: Grimdark Secret Santa 2019!

Postby Connman234 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am

Spencer Connell:

Primaris Space Marines: anything other than HQ
New In Box

Iron Hands: Already have Feirros. If you go infantry, MKIII armour please.
New in Box or Painted Black with Gold Edges

Tyranids: Medium or Big Bugs (already got enough small bugs)
New in Box

I would like to give my gift New in Box
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Postby Draaen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Mark Orosz

Tyranids: Any medium or big bugs. Just not the small gribblies like genestealers, gaunts or gargoyles.

I would like them new in box.

I would like to paint something for my gift.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Name: Tom
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sons of Horus

Postby Darth Hoodie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Thomas Xerras

Sons of Horus/Black Legion CSM

I don’t have much in the way of characters aside from the characters that come in the Calth Box and the FW Sons of Horus stuff.

I would not mind receiving something painted or New in Box as for my gift it will likely be NIB.
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 am

Name: Tomas Quinones

Faction: Genestealer Cult

Models I already own: Magus
Anything other than the Magus is 100% okay for a gift as the Magus is LITERALLY the only thing I own for a Genestealer Cult army, and I would like my gift NIB or NOS please.

I would like to paint something for my gift.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 am

Faction: Yes

Models I would like to get:

-The christmas red gobbo is obviously adorable, but I have no idea what hoops you need to jump through to get one of that dude. So if he is easy to get, I'd love that mad lad.
-New Drazar for drukhari looks sick, I don't know if he'll be available for individual purchase by christmas but maybe he will be.
-of the new GSC characters I have the Kelermorph, Clamavus and Sanctus, any of the other recent releases would be awesome.

I'd be fine with NIB or painted.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Blood Angels + Iron Warriors

Postby Indy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm

In!

Name: JP Anderson

Faction: Blood Angels 40k/IX Legion 30k

Models: I have pretty much all the named characters/clam pack characters already, but I love to convert stuff so things like the Lord Executioner model, Masters of the Chapter, and other stuff like that are neat-o to me. Will update when I’ve had a better inventory.
Update: honestly, my preference would be the new Mephiston model, NEw In Box, if it can be swung (think he’s a bit above the price point, but I can buy a beer or something to make up the difference).
If you want to try to paint him, this is the method I use: https://www.themightybrush.com/product/ ... ing-guide/ (more or less), with the idea being its a a bold red that is naturally shaded down to produce contrast and create an overall darker, grittier red. I by no means expect anyone to do this, but I also just want to put it out there in case someone loathes giving NIB for some reason.

I have a particular method of painting a particular shade of red, so if someone’s up for the torture, have at it if they want to give me something painted. I would prefer to give something NIB just to be safe since I have a kid on my hands now, but will attempt to paint depending on the project.
Last edited by Indy on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:34 am

Ok, I'm going to give one more day for folks to jump in, then I will give out assignments!
Game Preferences:
Terminator_X
Name: Alex
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Imperial Guard

Postby Terminator_X » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm in!

Alex W

Something horus heresy unpainted
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:26 am

OK, everyone! you should have a PM in your inbox with the name of your gift recipient!
Game Preferences: