Narrative GamesDay 12-08-2019 Mission Packet and Preview.

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Narrative GamesDay 12-08-2019 Mission Packet and Preview.

Postby Connman234 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Well everyone, we are a little over a month away from the event, I figure it is time to RELEASE THE PACKET! With the help of a friend/advertising sponsor, this packet will be nicer and prettier for the event. Big thanks to him, and my my playtesters Draeen, Wynce, and waddledom for helping to test the missions. With this, I also announce some of the lore for this event. To some, the "setting" may be very familiar.

Narrative Preview 1

Talvir: The Starting Strike
Hive City Talvir; A city booming with life and vigor. A city where everyone knows their purpose. A city, who helped fuel other hive cities and their daily operations. A city, who helped fuel a very active planet for the Imperium… Vigilus.

As forces began their conquest of Vigilus, Talvir became a target from all sides. Local militia held the gates for three fortnights, as the populous toiled through their daily rites and routines. Then the shells came raining down. Shells from local artillery rained down on what was once easily defended gates of entry. A local company commander from his station watched in horror as his array of earthshaker cannons destroyed two of the other three entrances to Talvir. Ensensed, he demanded an explanation for the bombardments. The final words he heard were, “For the Four-Armed Emperor!”

All the surviving militia from the other gates regrouped at the remaining base of Operations. Local commanders attempted to contact high command, for they knew, they couldn’t take back the city by themselves. Their hope was to get back-up and rescue as many imperial citizens as possible. High Command’s response was such.
***********Request Received***********
*****Heretic and Xenos forces surround city******
**Xenos presence in city lead to weakened defenses**
*****Adeptus Astartes forces inbound*******
****Astartes Quarantine and Purge Protocols in effect****
*****Orders for Militia: Reclaim Sacred Relics from Palace and Secure entire city********
*****May The Emperor’s Light Shine Brightly To You******

Preview 2 (11-19-2019)

Talvir: The Stagnation Ends
The fallout of the initial chaos divided the city into two regions. In the West half of Talvir, the "newly" risen genestealer cult expanded their territory to the central palace of the hive city, but for naught. The local militia received some unwanted and unnerving support from a T'Au expedition force. With these reinforcements, they swiftly, and repeatedly, beat down these rebels to the point of utter decimation While they may have gotten one seed off the planet from the space port they once occupied. Talvir was free of this blasphemy. For Now.

Meanwhile, in the East half, The battle was far more stagnated. Space Marine forces arrived with the order to purge the city, but were met with heavy Adeptus Mechanicus resistance with assistance from the Salamanders Space Marine Chapter. Sections of Talvir were regularly traded between the two factions. If the Space Marines took one part of the city from the Ad-Mech, they themselves lost one to the same forces. This left both sides with many losses but also rendered, much of the city there lifeless due to these battles.

Many months have passed since these battles in Talvir. A "peace" negotiation was held in the remnants of the central palace between the Space Marines sent to purge Talvir and the local militia. Facts presented showed that the militia did expunge the genestealer cults from their city. Upon consult with the Ordo Xenos Inquisitors in the area, orders to the Space Marines were updated to purge a few areas of the city, but not the entire city. With these order complete, preparations were made to depart Talvir. As they were about to leave, a flash was seen throughout the city in the sky. Forces of all races and factions began breaking through the atmosphere, making planetfalls and bases of operations. Local vox channels suddenly boomed with emergency alerts accross all communicators in a deathly monotone.

*****Warp storm damage to 'Exoclast Vault"******
*******Systems have failed********
*********Prepare Vox channel 796344.685 for 'PTP' decryption of "Project Daedalis"********
***********Awaiting Planetside deliveries of Phelnor databanks*******

Speaking to the high counsel of Talvir, they were forced to reveal the greatest secret of Talvir. The research station that was manned and maintained by Talvir housed a R&D division that was working on a weapon that could rival even the mightiest of machines from the Adeptus Titanicus. With this information, the Inquisitors gave a new order to the Space Marines. "Gather the intelligence, then purge the city. We have no more use for it".

Talvir: The Recovery (12-08-2019)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: Narrative GamesDay 12-08-2019 Mission Packet and Preview.

Postby Sandtiger » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:50 pm

FEAR NOT IMPERIAL CITIZENS, THE SALAMANDERS ARE INBOUND
Connman234
Officer

Postby Connman234 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Just a small change/clarification to the packet that is posted. This will not effect gameplay, but help with the narrative of the day. The "Courier" listed in the Mission: "Shuttle Crash", will be in effect for both the "Refinery" Mission and the "Escape" Mission. It will only affect game scoring for "Escape", but for "Refinery", you should also try to kill the courier.

Connman234
Officer

Postby Connman234 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Thread-mancy for updated narrative preview. Look at the first post.

Connman234
Officer

Postby Connman234 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am

Just as a small FAQ: For Eldar Players, Ynnari Characters that have rules that say "you don't break a faction detachment" (Yvrainne for example), will not break the "codex spanning keyword" for the purposes of the bonus CP.

MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 am

Connman234 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am
Just as a small FAQ: For Eldar Players, Ynnari Characters that have rules that say "you don't break a faction detachment" (Yvrainne for example), will not break the "codex spanning keyword" for the purposes of the bonus CP.
So if I were to run Ynnari models:

An army composed only of <Kabal of the Black Heart> models, but with one of the HQ slots taken up by a Ynnari model who is not the warlord: 4 Additional CP.

An army composed of only <Ynnari Drukhari> detachments, with Ynnari as warlord: 4 Additional CP (Because Ynnari is a "Chapter Tactic" and I'm taking from only one codex, Codex Drukhari)

An army with <Ynnari Drukhari> and <Ynnari Harlequins> detachments, with Ynnari HQ as Warlord: 2 additional command points? 0 Additional Command points? I have keywords from multiple codexes, but I have only one Chapter Tactic, Strength from Death.

Rules as Written in the packet that would be 0 additional CP.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Connman234
Officer

Postby Connman234 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:26 am

MrScotty wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 am
Connman234 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am
So if I were to run Ynnari models:

An army composed only of <Kabal of the Black Heart> models, but with one of the HQ slots taken up by a Ynnari model who is not the warlord: 4 Additional CP.

An army composed of only <Ynnari Drukhari> detachments, with Ynnari as warlord: 4 Additional CP (Because Ynnari is a "Chapter Tactic" and I'm taking from only one codex, Codex Drukhari)

An army with <Ynnari Drukhari> and <Ynnari Harlequins> detachments, with Ynnari HQ as Warlord: 2 additional command points? 0 Additional Command points? I have keywords from multiple codexes, but I have only one Chapter Tactic, Strength from Death.

Rules as Written in the packet that would be 0 additional CP.
In this case, you would get 0 CP. The point of the bonus CP is to try to cut down on the amount of "soup" but still incentivize to do a single codex. Ynnari are one of those factions that inherently break that rule, but I don't want to try to penalize them if they decide to take a single model that has specifically states "it doesn't break faction".

Eisenfresser
Name: Steven Hirsch
Play Style: Casual
Armies: IG Tanks

Postby Eisenfresser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am

Can I use Operative Requisition Sanctioned (with 85 reinforcement points)?
Even if I already have 3 detachments?
Game preferences:
+1 to going first roll if you finish deploying first
All terrain is "statuary"
No First Blood - it's basically a bonus VP for going first
Current Beta rules

Army
4,500 points of Imperial Guard
2,800 of tanks alone
Connman234
Officer

Postby Connman234 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am

Eisenfresser wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am
Can I use Operative Requisition Sanctioned (with 85 reinforcement points)?
Even if I already have 3 detachments?
The max is two detachment for this event. But yes, you can use the that stratagem.